Commercial Asbestos Removal Perth
Focus Demolition & Asbestos Removal is a fully licensed and qualified commercial asbestos removal company in Perth. We’ve worked on large scale projects like shopping centres, historical buildings, airports and mine sites to small businesses like schools and building renovations.
We understand that time is money and our team works to reduce your company’s downtime. We have a proven history of achieving a complete commercial asbestos removal during holiday periods, resulting in no loss of work hours for the tenants.
Safe Commercial Asbestos Removal
Focus Demolition & Asbestos Removal has earned a reputation in Perth of being experts in demolition and asbestos removal. We have extensive knowledge and expertise handling complex projects on a large industrial scale whilst upholding the highest level of safety and professionalism.
Our dedicated commercial asbestos removal team use environmentally-safe hazardous material disposal methods and specialise in the safe removal and replacement of asbestos-containing roofs.
Focus Demolition & Asbestos Removal sets a high priority on removing hazardous material and minimising any possible risks. We have developed an industry leading technique to remove friable asbestos from commercial buildings whilst ensuring no asbestos fibres are released into the environment.
What Commercial Property Owners Need To Know About Asbestos Removal
- In Western Australia, under the OS&H Act 1994, the responsibility to remove asbestos from a commercial building lies with the property owner, not the tenants.
- Unless you’re removing less than 10 square metres of non-friable asbestos, property owners must hire a licensed commercial asbestos removal company. We highly recommend that even in the case of small amounts of non-friable asbestos, for safety reasons, you still engage a licensed commercial asbestos removalist.
- Commercial property owners are also responsible for hiring a licensed commercial asbestos removal company to:
- Identify and label any asbestos in the building.
- Maintain an asbestos register to make available to the workplace.
- Make sure asbestos is removed in accordance with the relevant Code of Practice.
- It is the property owners responsibility to ensure that any maintenance workers are made aware of the presence of any asbestos in the building.
Where Is Asbestos In Commercial Buildings?
Asbestos was a widely used commercial building material until its health effects were fully discovered in the 1980s. Unfortunately, Australia was one of the highest consumers of asbestos with a huge variety of asbestos-containing materials used for cladding and building construction. Not only was asbestos used in the construction of cladding products but traces of asbestos can also be hidden under floors, in walls and above ceiling spaces. Any building that was constructed or renovated before 1987 has a risk of uncovering asbestos.
It is found in the following products:
- Asbestos cement fencing
- Asbestos cement roof sheeting
- Asbestos cement eave lining
- Asbestos cement down pipes
- Asbestos cement gutters
- Vinyl floor tile
- Mill board
- Asbestos gaskets
- Black jack glue
- Pipe work lagging
- Limpet asbestos fire proofing
If you require commercial asbestos removal or suspect that there may be asbestos in your building contact us today to organise an inspection and quote from the leaders in commercial asbestos removal in Perth.